PARMIGIANA WITH BUFFALO MOZZARELLA
ready in: 30 mins
PRODUCTS USED FOR THIS RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 4 aubergines
- 4 buffalo mozzarella morsels
- 100gr grated Parmigiano
- 4 red tomatoes
- 1 sprig basil
- 1 egg
- Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Take the aubergines, prick the peel and bake them at 190° for about 20 minutes.
When they have cooled down, scoop the pulp out into a bowl and discard the peel. Add the grated Parmigiano, salt, basil, extra virgin olive oil, and a whole egg and breadcrumbs to obtain a firm mixture. Knead it all well and form small hamburgers with the aid of a pasta cutter or a glass.
- take a non-stick pan, pour in a drizzle of oil, fry the small hamburgers well and set them aside.
- Cut the mozzarella and tomatoes into slices and let them drain. Season them with salt, pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Coat the tomatoes in the grated cheese and quickly fry them in the hot non-stick pan.
In the meantime, blend the rest of the basil together with extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt to obtain a basil cream. As an alternative you can use pesto, thinned with a bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- Now assemble the dish, alternating the aubergine medallion, mozzarella and tomato making two layers.
Decorate the dish with basil leaves and oil.
Ricetta di Simone Rugiati